Thursday, September 3, 2009

Convent window, Siena


Well, it's been quite a while since I updated my blog. So, here are some works I did at the begining of the year and more recently. This painting is from a convent in Siena, where Amanda and I stayed in 2007. The convent had been converted into a hotel in the last 2 years before. It was very old worldly with very large rooms, and you could open the windows and shutters, see the sun rise and hear the church bells. The stained glass windows were mostly round bottle bottoms leaded together.

2 comments:

Laura Goff said...

That looks like a nice stained glass window. Wereyou able to photograph it from the inside with light shining through the colored glass?

Laura
SOTAGLASS.COM

Larry Bates said...

Hello Laura,

This trip was in 2007 and I'm sure I saw it from the inside but did not photograph it. Thanks for stopping by.

Larry