Friday, October 31, 2008

On the Range



Sold
Here is my favorite painting that I have done recently. I call it "On the Range". It was painted on location in Idaho this year in June along with my plein air painting partner Amanda Fish, and her sister Linda. It was morning, the sky and the light dancing across the mountains was of course spectacular, and the cattle were close to the fence. Of course by the time we had all set up, the cattle had started to move away, and by the time I got to actually painting them, well, they were about a 1/2 mile away. Did I mention the dancing light across the mountains? The clouds were moving quickly, and the shadows as well. Painting from memory, and from your "impression" is a requirement when painting "pleine aire". I was experimenting with a different pallete on this painting. I used Cerulean Blue, Cad Lemon, and I believe Cad Red deep.
I don't know why, but I love cow paintings.

No comments: