Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tuscan fields

Sold
Welcome to my new virtual studio. I am setting out to be an artist in the truest sense. Here will be all my completed works on view. So, welcome all art lovers.


Here is my first piece, a scene from Tuscany, somewhere between Siena and Montepulciano, from a trip last year in November. It was a brisk day and the last bits of light were cast between the shadows of the clouds on the hillsides in warm tuscan colors. I hope you enjoy viewing my work.


Please feel free to leave comments, and welcome to all artists and collectors.

9 comments:

Ray said...

Hey Larry,

I am so glad that are doing this! Good for you!

This is a great painting to start things out. I love the plein aire feel to it. It has that romantic touch.

You should do well in your new adventure!

Frank Gardner said...

Hi Larry, best of luck with the new blog. I'll stop back to check in on you.

aaronlifferth said...

Thanks for the comment. Hope you enjoy the blogging world.

mike Bast said...

Dude!! nice painting!! I hope to get to paint with you guys soon!! I owe you lunch at beach Pit!! lets get together soon!

Keith Moreland said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Larry Bates said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by and for the nice words. I have already made two new aquantances here, and it's only been a few hours.

Larry

fiscalstimulant said...

hey lar, looking good from my view... keep us updated with your progress/inspirations!

rob ijbema said...

if the next paintings are as good as this one,i will be back
good luck larry
bella mood in this vista!

Larry Bates said...

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the nice words.

Is that an EasYl you have for a setup?

Larry